Science at Seaton St. Paul's C of E Junior School
We are curious thinkers at Seaton St. Paul's C of E Junior School and love to investigate and find out more about the world.
At Seaton St. Paul's C of E Junior School we aim to develop children's understanding of the world around them through high quality teaching and learning. Children are encouraged to investigate, solve problems and ask questions.
Core Principles of Science Teaching and Learning
- Children enjoy Science
- Their learning is enriched with practical activities
- Children are encouraged to become curious thinkers, asking questions and exploring their ideas
- Children use appropriate scientific vocabulary to talk about their learning
- Collaborative learning allows everyone to have a role during experiments and other practical activities
- Children learn how to investigate systematically and begin to lead their own enquiries
- Context allows children to make links and their learning relevant to them
- Learning is recorded in a variety of ways
Take a look at some of our learning in Science...